Nonprofit Institute 2020
November 19, 2020
Join us for the nonprofit event of the year
This is an exceptional program for lawyers, nonprofit directors and board members, staff, volunteers, consultants, accountants, fundraisers and anybody who is thinking of starting up a nonprofit. The combined expertise of our faculty will send you off at the end of the day with great advice and new approaches for your nonprofit organization and clients!
Our program lets you:
Catch up on all the current issues
Obtain valuable resource material
Get re-charged with new ideas!
Hear from leaders in the field
In Philadelphia you can choose from multiple topics. Or register for a simulcast site convenient to you for the six topics* below, including ethics.
9:00 – 10:05
1.* Combating the Opioid Epidemic: Lessons Learned and Stories from the Trenches – Jose A. Benitez, Katherine E. Levins, Rev. Dr. Lorina Marshall-Blake & Laura Solomon (moderator)
10:05 – 10:20 Break
10:20 – 11:20
2.* Latest Developments in Nonprofit Law – Donald W. Kramer
11:20 – 11:30 Break
11:30 – 12:30 (Concurrent Sessions)
3.* Employment Law Update – William K. Kennedy, Andrea R. Kramer & Kathryn Goldstein Legge
4. The Challenges & Opportunities of Place-based Philanthropy – Sidney R. Hargro, Nadya K. Shmavonian & Laura Solomon (moderator)
5. Life Cycle of a Nonprofit Part 1: Starting a Nonprofit – Emily Christian & Jack Owen
12:30 – 1:10 Lunch for all
1:10 – 2:10 (Concurrent Sessions)
6.* Nonprofit Tax and Accounting Issues – 2020 Update – LaVon Chancy & Joyce E. Miller
7. The Anatomy of Succession Planning for Executive Directors – Marla K. Conley, Kimberly Follett & Laura Otten
8. Life Cycle of a Nonprofit Part 2: Maintaining a Charitable Organization – Morgen Cheshire & Kayci D. Petenko
2:10 – 2:20 Break
2:20 – 3:20 (Concurrent Sessions)
9.* The Role of the Attorney General in Regulating Nonprofit Organizations – Noel A. Fleming, Evelyn McGravey & Mark A. Pacella
10. The Social Safety Net System: Is the Traditional Partnership between Government, Philanthropy and Nonprofits Sustainable? – Russell Johnson & Claire Robertson-Kraft
3:20 – 3:30 Break
3:30 – 4:30
11.* We Are Not Immune: Lawyers and Their Clients Battle Opioid Use Too! (ETHICS) – Hon. Renée Cardwell Hughes (Ret.), Jeffrey P. Lewis, Brian S. Quinn & Dr. Clarence Watson
*This session will be simulcast.
Materials: All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
New Attorney $125.00