The Best Retirement and Estate Plans for Attorneys 2019
Discover peer-reviewed tax and retirement planning strategies that could make a difference of as much as a million dollars!
Join Jim Lange, CPA/attorney, as he walks you through this retirement and estate planning workshop, including both classic and new strategies to get the most out of your IRAs and retirement plans. Your spouse or partner can attend free of charge as the topics are not only critical for your financial well-being, but also for the long-term security of your family.* (No CLE credits or courses books included for non-paying partners/spouses)
New Trump Tax Laws Create Unintended Benefits for Savvy IRA and Retirement Plan Owners Who Act Quickly
• How to get the most out of your IRAs and retirement plans while you are alive and after you are gone.
• How the new tax legislation creates opportunities and pitfalls for IRA owners.
• Optimal timing for Roth IRA conversions that can put hundreds of thousands of extra dollars in your pocket.
• The best plan for taking distributions from your retirement accounts.
• The one single decision that can get you bigger Social Security checks.
• The synergistic calculation of optimal Social Security and Roth IRA conversion strategies.
• Using Lange’s Cascading Beneficiary Plan to ensure financial security for the surviving spouse and potentially save hundreds of thousands to pass on to your children and grandchildren.
• The Trust that can allow your beneficiary to “stretch” the IRA over their lifetime.
Why would you pay taxes up-front and convert a portion of your traditional IRA or retirement plan to a Roth IRA? Answer: a Roth IRA could grow income tax-free for the rest of your life, your spouse’s life, your kid’s lives, and even your grandkid’s lives.
Roth conversions, coupled with smart Social Security decisions, could increase your and your family’s purchasing power by tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands or even a million dollars. The benefit to future generations is impressive.
But the real eye-opener is that Roth IRA conversions are great for older IRA owners during their lifetime.
For married couples, Roth IRA conversions protect the surviving spouse who will be faced with higher tax brackets as a widow. Women, who are likely to live longer, are particularly vulnerable.
This information-packed workshop, with Roth IRA analysis, peer-reviewed and vetted by the American Institute of CPAs’ most prestigious tax journal, can help you get more tax benefits from a Roth IRA conversion, and more security for your family. And it’s newly updated to maximize your savings under the new Trump tax laws.
Solving the Investor’s Biggest Dilemma: How to Stop the Next Downturn from Decimating Your Portfolio.
• The Investor’s Dilemma: How can I take advantage of the high rate of return on investments in a strong market without falling victim to portfolio-crippling, life-altering losses in the next market downturn?
• Investor Mistakes: The common mistakes investors make that leave them vulnerable to market downturns, and why to avoid commission and high-fee products like the plague.
• Investor Solutions: Low-cost index investing, appropriate asset allocation, optimal tax planning, plus an additional critical component. Want to find out what it is? Register for
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. All investing involves risk, including the potential for loss and principal. There is no guarantee that any strategy will be successful. Indexes are not available for direct investment.
Market ups and downs are a fact of life. Most of us will have weathered a couple of downturns prior to reaching retirement. But, as a retiree or as someone nearing retirement, weathering the storm can be more problematic. There is always the risk that by the time the market rebounds (as, historically, it has done), it may be too late to salvage your life-savings. How can you protect yourself from life-altering losses when the market takes a dive?
We know that historically, long-term market returns have far outpaced returns on fixed income streams. The appeal of fixed income streams, however, is their apparent safety. But remember, investing exclusively in fixed income puts you at risk of losing purchasing power to inflation and taxes and potentially wiping out your financial legacy. In contrast, investing exclusively in the market leaves you open to financial ruin in the event of a significant downturn. So, what should you do?
• Here are some non-solutions: market timing, commercial annuities and other high commission and high-fee products including life insurance.
• Here are some elements of the solution you’ll discover at the workshop: low-cost index investing, appropriate asset allocation, and optimal tax planning.
• To discover the last element that we think is the real key, you have to attend
The Lange-edge is a customized mix of these important strategies and instruments. Hundreds of previous attendees are sleeping like babies, knowing their portfolios are constructed to grow, but also to weather future market downturns. Why not you?
Who Says You Can’t Control From the Grave? Using Trusts to Protect Your Family.
• Should your heirs inherit your IRA directly, or would naming a Trust be safer?
• Is it worth the aggravation of creating a Trust and administering it after you are gone?
• Is Trust planning still appropriate for your family—and which Trusts should you use?
• Is the “I Don’t Want My No Good Son-in-Law to Inherit One Red Cent of My Money Trust” right for you?
• Trusts for minors—as well as children or grandchildren with special needs.
• Spendthrift Trusts—How to protect adult children from their own bad judgement and creditors.
• The new laws make many Trusts and Wills outdated, putting the surviving spouse at risk.
• The pros and cons of avoiding probate.
• Lange’s Cascading Beneficiary Plan—The best and most flexible estate plan for married couples, more crucial than ever with the new tax laws.
How, When, and Why to Name Trusts as Beneficiaries of IRAs, or Retirement Plans
Trusts can ensure your hard-earned money is handled responsibly, long after you are gone. Perhaps you are worried that your no-good son-in-law will divorce your daughter and walk away with half of the money you left her. Trusts can stop him dead in the water! Want to stop your grandson from blowing his inheritance on a Ferrari when he is 21? Learn about Trusts to protect younger beneficiaries from irresponsible spending.
This workshop addresses Trust strategies that can keep your wealth intact and help protect your heirs from blowing through their inheritance Trusts for adult children, however, are often not appropriate—and this workshop helps distinguish when you should and should not have a Trust. Trusts can also cause massive income tax acceleration after your death if they don’t meet five specific conditions. Yet the vast majority of attorneys don’t include those provisions in their Trusts. This tax acceleration could cost your children hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of dollars. Also covered: Is the extra time, effort, and expense of avoiding probate worth it?